Saturday at the Oakland Zoo

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

So the answer to who won the Fosse weight loss challenge is...we tied. Total win win, eh? I seriously don't even mind golfing if it means I get beautiful blue gray paint all over the place!

I'm feeling kind of sick today and it makes my head not work right so I will leave off with the talking and just share some pictures from the Oakland Zoo on Saturday. Perhaps the best moment was when I said about the baboons, "It's so weird that they don't have hair on their bums." and Kate replied, "Neither do you, don't judge."




My first diet coke in two weeks! Oh, I am so happy. Plus you can see the beautiful charm bracelet Marc gave me for my birthday. Sweet man.

This picture makes me want to play Zoo Tycoon.
When we first got on the sky lift Ellie was nervous and hanging on to me, about 1/3 of the way across she got her "air legs" and was trying to lean over the bar and squirm around to see stuff. As I held her in my white knuckle grip she complained, "Mom! Let go, I'm not a baby anymore you DON'T need to hold me. Hey! Are you scared?"

I know you all have been to the zoo before and don't need to see my 50 pictures but I need to include some because I do love the animals.
They are turtle enough for the Turtle Club!


2 Responses to “Saturday at the Oakland Zoo”

  1. I LOVE that you know the "turtle-y enough for the turtle club" quote!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly, I love love LOVE your hair!!! Katie has sure grown into a beautiful young lady:) Hope all is well in CA

    Natalie Bradford Brooks

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something!

 

Copyright © Barnaclebutt | Premade Blog Design by Lilipop Designs