Magic Words

Saturday, October 17, 2009


I have some new magic words in my life. They are, deep breath, "I can't afford it."

As much as I have avoided using, or let's face it, acting on those words in the past, I'm surprised how well they've been working for me lately.

Twice recently when I've fessed up I can't afford it as a reason why I couldn't do something the person who was asking has breathed a big sigh of relief and said something along the lines of, "Oh good. I can't either."

So I'm thinking "I can't afford it," can be like my new club. I'm going to trot it out more and see how many friends want to join.

2 Responses to “Magic Words”

  1. I'd join your club but cannot afford the membership fees :)

    I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...I've been saying those four little words lately, too, and it's crazy how good it feels. I think it has more to do with being honest with myself than with anyone else. Yep.

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something!

 

Copyright © Barnaclebutt | Premade Blog Design by Lilipop Designs