Overworked?

Thursday, February 25, 2010



See Ellie? She doesn't want to get up in the morning. I don't either; the last few days I begin my morning libations with a minor panic attack. There is So much to Do. And I know from years of experience that I am completely incapable of doing it.


The question is-which of all the "good" things I have signed on for do I need to let go? Or can I organize myself (HA!) better? Or maybe I've just had an unusually frustrating and busy two weeks? Yesterday when a PTA mom cornered me at school and asked, "What position on the PTA Board do you want to take next year?" I just about cried.


"Are you freaking kidding me?" I asked in my most horrified voice. Can't she tell by looking at me that I. Can't. Handle it?


"Do I look like I'm kidding?" she replied. Man, those PTA ladies are tough as nails. I guess I'm doing book fair next year. Is it silly to hope Marc and I will take the kids and sail around the world instead?


Oh, and anyone who suggests the answer to my woes is getting my kids to do more will be taken outside and sniveled on until they are sorry. Soggy and sorry. Because obviously the answer to poor parenting is better parenting...duh. But I'm totally looking for the easy way out here. Just so you know. Only suggestions that qualify as easy (like "hire a maid with the money I'm sending you") will be considered.

One Response to “Overworked?”

  1. I am very sure that you can handle anything that life throws at you, but I appreciate that you are NOT willing to take it on on purpose...you go MOM!!!

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something!

 

Copyright © Barnaclebutt | Premade Blog Design by Lilipop Designs