Tip for Dinner

Friday, September 21, 2012

Becca and my sweet nephews are coming today and I have to clean like the wind so I only have one tip today. (Actually, they came last night and I was so busy smooching those boys that I forgot to post this.)

Let your kids cook.

Sharing how much I love food and cooking with my children and really letting them get in there and make a mess with me has paid off.

They make me really nice dinners now.

Here is a recipe ten year old Ellie has mastered and it is really good. Like, really.

8 tbs butter
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
(I use this kind of recipe to teach my kids how to guesstimate measurements ie. the little dent in the middle of your palm when you cup your hand is about a teaspoon.)
2 lbs. fresh or frozen pizza dough-we like Trader Joe's
8 oz. shredded mozzarella
2 Tbs. parmesan cheese
one small jar of pizza sauce warmed up for dipping.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray

Melt butter

Mince or press the garlic and add to the butter, add oregano, garlic powder and pepper. stir.

With a sharp knife divide the dough into 40 small balls (I do this part)

Flatten each ball and place some of the mozzarella into the center of it. Roll the dough up around the cheese. Do this with all 40 balls.

Dip each ball into the butter mixture and place  in the pan.

Sprinkle the Parmesan over the dough balls.

Place in the over and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.

My family actually just ate this and a salad for dinner the other night and we were all happy.

Post a Comment

Now you say something!

 

Copyright © Barnaclebutt | Premade Blog Design by Lilipop Designs