Craigslist Secret

Friday, October 17, 2014

 
 I saw this gorgeous mid century modern buffet on Craigslist a couple of weeks ago but it was WAY out of my price range. So how is it sitting so pretty in my garage/soon-to-be-workroom you may ask? Let me share my little Craigslist secret technique with you. 

Are you ready? K. 

I politely asked for it.

That's it. When I see something I really like that I can't afford I send the seller an email that says something like, "I really love the buffet you are selling on craigslist but I am on a very tight budget. If you decide you can sell it for $ insert price you want to pay, I hope you'll email or call me.

The seller of my new buffet boyfriend had it listed for a couple of weeks but it didn't sell so they called me yesterday and asked if I still wanted it. AND I DID! 

I really think the key to this technique is being very polite and honest. I'm not trying to lowball or insult the seller, I'm assuming that they may reach a point where they just want something gone and if they do I hope they'll call me. 

Now, how should I make-over this bad boy? Love this orange!
Great idea to spruce up retro furniture, wondering of it would look good in a different color.
And this white!
Before and After White and Walnut Mid Century Dresser
Via

Or green! Green is my favorite color.
Via
But this is probably my most favorite.  A great way to get a pop of color on furniture without painting over all the beautiful wood.
via

I'm kind of in love. I wish I could get after it right now instead of cleaning...but we are having a tiny Halloween pumpkin carving soiree at our home on Sunday so I need to make things shine you know.

Have a great weekend! Good luck with your next craigslist treasure!

One Response to “Craigslist Secret”

  1. Can't wait to see the makeover...now tell me about those yellow chairs in the background. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something!

 

Copyright © Barnaclebutt | Premade Blog Design by Lilipop Designs